At the end of the month, Teacher Dashboard will transition to a new and improved version of itself. You can switch to the new version now, or wait until the change is automatic.
Here are the most important changes to keep in mind.
- Update your bookmarks. You will log into Teacher Dashboard at a new URL.
- You can now rename your classes so they are easier to identify.
- You can group your students and students can belong to multiple groups. This group structure can mirror groups within classes in Schoology.
- You can now share multiple documents at one time using Smart Copy, which is now called Smart Share. This button is also found along the left side of the screen rather than at the top left corner.
- You can now share documents with multiple classes or groups at one time.
- Teacher Dashboard will now generate a random string when resetting passwords. If you do not want to assign a random string of characters as a password, you can still type your own. Please remember not to reset passwords unless the student is requesting this in person, and always check the “reset password on login” box to help us maintain a secure environment.
I’ve created a video highlighting some of the new features. b (GHS and GMS faculty groups) rather than here since so many student user names and full names are visible in the video.
If you have any questions, please let me know.